SELF-GOVERNMENT STUDENT COUNCIL AND ITS WORK
The Student Council began its work in 2010. There were only 7-10 students. Their number is increasing now.
The work of the Student Council is guided by the law of Ukraine, decisions of the specially authorized central executive authority in the field of education and science, the relevant central executive body. Student self-government aims to create conditions for self-fulfillment of the student, to reveal management and leadership qualities, responsibility for the outcome of their work and etc.
The objectives of the Student Council are:
- – rights and interests protection;
- – support on fulfilling students’ duties;
- – we promote to make the most of learning, scientific and research activities;
- – we promote forming of students’ moral and ethical standards, patriotism;
- – healthy way of life and learning environment;
- – we can assist with personal matters concerning living conditions and leisure time;
- – support on setting up of various student clubs, societies, associations and etc;
- –we work together with other teams of Student council from different universities;
- – student exchange programme advice;
- -we encourage to participate in a state youth policy;
- – jointly with relevant agencies of higher education institutions we provide psychological, financial, legal assistance to our students;
- –representatives in all structural bodies at the university;
- – we encourage students to participate in public work ;
- – control over observing the internal regulations;
- – participation in scholarship committee;
- –arranging and coordinating the work of the student self-government at the hostel and campuses;
- –collaboration with tutors, governors and staff at CSTU;
Ideas and decisions of the Student Council are submitted to the administration of CSTU.
The Student Council aims to arrange leisure pursuits of the students. “ Freshman Initiation” is held at the summer camp “Youth” every year.
Anyone is welcome at our camp
The Student Council carefully monitors the students’ living conditions.
In 2010 Chernihiv State Technological University celebrated 50th anniversary. On this occasion the university hospitably welcomed veterans of the institution, graduates of past years, everyone whose life was associated with CSTU. Dignataries, heads of our city and region paid a visit to the university.
In autumn 2010 ex-president Leonid Kuchma paid his visit to the university
Contest “Pride of the university”
50 best students, sportsmen, artists, university scientists received numerous diplomas and prizes.
Our students and rector of the university PhD, professor Shkarlet S. M. have a regular meeting to strengthen relationships between the university governors and the students. Everyone having any questions or ideas can come up to the meeting.
By join efforts of university administration, students council “Studrada” and activists the real Viennese ball was held at the University in winter, where students as well teachers took an active part in it.
Annually the competition among the KVN teams is held in University, which is devoted to “All Fools Day”.
There is another tradition, which is held annually at the University is the competition “Miss University”, where the most beautiful, the cleverest and the most active girls take part in it.
Every student can appeal to “Studrada” (students council) with the suggestions, ideas and wishes.
We are always glad to see you!
Ми завжди раді бачити Вас!!!